New Beginnings is a free peer support group for people with mood disorders, including depression, anxiety, bipolar, and related mood issues.
Among our values are self-help and personal responsibility. We strive to successfully manage our disorders and live full lives.
During the meeting, we each get an opportunity to share whatever is on our minds and receive feedback from the group. The facilitator directs the discussion according to our group guidelines. We share experiences, information, ideas, coping skills, and support. We also share successes, and we like to laugh when we can.
All of our meetings are facilitated by peers from the group. We do not have professionals or therapy available. Our group is not a substitute for professional treatment.
We maintain a safe, confidential environment and keep our meetings positive. We want to feel better when we leave than we did when we arrived!
In addition to the regular groups, we have social activities and special events throughout the year.
Though we meet in Magnolia in Camden County, people often come from all over the South Jersey area. Some have come from as far away as Philadelphia, Wilmington, Bridgeton, Atlantic City, and even counties in Central and North Jersey. Some who have moved to other states even sign on to our online meetings. We welcome you no matter where you live!
- We strive to successfully manage our disorders and live well.
- We share positive support, encouragement, and coping strategies in a safe, confidential environment.
- All meetings are free.
- All meetings start and end on time.
- Everyone present must be at least 19 years old.
- All participation is voluntary.
- We offer peer support, not therapy or education.
- The facilitators are peers from the group.
- We are not professionals, nor is our group a substitute for professional treatment.
- We maintain a positive environment. We want to feel better when we leave a meeting than when we arrived!
You are not alone!