- Valuable resource: 988 – To get immediate help in a crisis, call or text the number 988. You will connect with The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline (formerly known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline), a crisis line that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Talk and text are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and online chat is available at the website. For more info, visit their website at 988lifeline.org or check out the FCC’s fact sheet about the change at https://www.fcc.gov/sites/default/files/988-fact-sheet.pdf.
- Schedule change – We now meet Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm instead of Mondays (we no longer meet on Mondays). We are the only group meeting at the location on Tuesday nights. The rest of the schedule remains the same. We hope to see you there on our new night!
- All Thursday meetings are online. Tuesday and Wednesday meetings are in person at our regular location.
- New Beginnings is on Facebook! Like or follow us at facebook.com/NBpeersupport for updates and announcements.
If you experience symptoms of depression, anxiety, bipolar, or related mood disorders, we invite you to our free support group.
Supportive family and friends are welcome to attend.
Come and share support and coping strategies with others like you!
We can help one another achieve and maintain wellness!
Our group is not equipped to help someone in crisis.
If you have an emergency or feel like hurting yourself or others, do one of the following NOW:
- Call 911
- Go to the emergency room of your local hospital
- Call one of these hotlines:
- NJ Hopeline: 1-855-654-6735
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: 988 (call or text)
- National Hopeline Network: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
You are not alone!